The following information should provide assistance with most common questions you may have about our website. Please contact us if your question is not answered here.
- How do I find a book?
- What do the descriptions mean?
- How much is shipping?
- How can I pay for my books?
- Is my information secure?
- How do I return an item?
- How can I contact you?
- What are your terms and conditions?
How do I find a book?
There are two simple ways to find a book:
* Our search facility allows you to find a book by typing in the Author or Title of the book or other details of the book;
* You can browse through the categories and sub-categories in the store.
How we describe our Books
Each book has a description which accords with one of the following standard booksellers terms:
* New – A new book that has never been sold before.
* As New – A book that may be secondhand but is in the state that it should have been in when it left the publisher.
* Fine – A book that is undamaged but allowing for the normal effects of time on an unused book that has been protected.
* Near Fine – A book that may have one minor defect but otherwise is in fine condition.
* Very Good (VG) – a book that is worn but has only minor defects.
* Good (G) – the condition of an average used worn book that is complete.
* Fair – The book shows wear and tear but all the text pages and illustrations or maps are present. It may lack endpapers, half-title, and even the title page.
* Poor – A book that has the complete text but is so damaged that it is only of interest to a buyer who seeks a reading copy.
Most of our books are graded good or higher. We sell some books graded Poor but only where the title is scarce or of historical or reference value. Inevitably, many 300 year old books are in poor condition!
How much is shipping?
Full details of shipping costs and options can be found here.
How can I pay for my books?
We accept payments via all major credit and debit cards and Paypal payments. For the convenience of our Irish customers we also accept payments by cheques drawn on an Irish Bank Account.
Is my information secure?
How do I return an item?
Please contact us if you wish to return an item for any reason. We strive to ensure that our description of books is as accurate as possible. We are happy to e mail pictures of a book prior to purchase if required. Our business is regulated under Irish Law by the EC (Protection of Consumers in respect of contracts made by means of distance communication) Regulations 2001. More information about your rights under this legislation is available from the Citizens Information Board at http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/consumer-affairs/consumer-protection/consumer-rights/distance_selling .
How can I contact you?
You can contact us through our contact page or at the address or telephone numbers listed on that page. We aim to respond to all questions within one business day.
What are your Terms and Conditions?
Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions. Rare and Recent Books reserves the right to make changes to this site and these terms and conditions at any time.
Copyright and Ownership of Information
The content contained within this site is for personal use only. Some text, graphics and selection, layout and arrangement thereof and all materials on this website are the copyright of Rare and Recent Books or its content providers. Unauthorised use of the content may violate copyright, trademark, and other laws. None of the content may be resold or redistributed without our prior written consent. Some graphics, layout and arrangement are used under a creative commons licence and are clearly indicated where appropriate.
This website contains links to other websites operated by third parties over whom we have no control. Such links are provided for your convenience only and Rare and Recent Books accepts no responsibility or liability in respect of the content or use of other websites.
Liability and Accuracy
We do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this site. We are responsible for updating information and information on a daily basis and ensuring to the best of our ability that this information is reliable and up-to-date.
Under no circumstances shall Rare and Recent Books or its content partners be held liable for any delay or failure in performance resulting directly or indirectly from acts of nature, forces, or causes beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, Internet failures, computer equipment failures, telecommunication equipment failures, other equipment failures, electrical power failures, strikes, labor disputes, riots, insurrections, civil disturbances, shortages of labor or materials, fires, floods, storms, explosions, acts of God, war, governmental actions, orders of domestic or foreign courts or tribunals, non-performance of third parties, or loss of or fluctuations in heat, light, or air conditioning.
You understand and agree that if you download or otherwise obtain material or data through the use of our website, you do so at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damages to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of such material or data.